I'm finding that I am kind of finding myself. It's not that I'm lost, its just that I'm getting to know a side of myself that didn't really exist before. Of all of the pieces of Rachel, its most definitely not one of my favorites, but still it is one that should be recognized and embraced. This quarter has been more of an internal journey than any of my others spent here at Western. I think a big part of it is that both of my two most bestest friends are on other sides of the world. (not that my friends in Bham aren't absolutely amazing as well!) Normally, when I need to talk to them, share a thought, or just want to say "hi" they are just one text away. But this whole quarter has trained me to deal with things more on my own. Ironically, this has been the one time, more than any other, that I wished that they were at least in this country. It has been a growing experience and I appreciate that. Still though, I am absolutely thrilled for the days of their returns :) For the mean time, I will continue finding bliss in the small things that make me smile.

[Photo Cred: Joe Holcomb]
All of my friends are absolutely amazing. This sounds weird, but I am very proud of myself for the people that I surround myself with. I'm glad that I found them :) People who know me well, know that one of my biggest highs comes from getting to know new souls.
[a much needed study break]
A couple of weekends ago my mom and Georgia bopped up here to stay at the B & B with me. Although I had to study every day that they were here, we still did a couple of activities. Kevin, mom, and I got dinner together, stocked up on some gear at REI, had a Little Cheerful morning, went to the farmers market, and even took my mom on the Bham art walk, head shop included haha. It was was nice to see mum even if I had to spend most of my weekend holed up at a desk.
[I'm lucky enough to be able to study in such a beautiful place]
Last weekend I had Sundodger, an ultimate frisbee tournament, in Burlington both days. We played seven games total and had a blast getting muddy and heckling the boys team. Saturday night Asa, Wes, Hannah, and I were all far too tired to be active members of college society so we just went to a party for 5 minutes then rented a terrible movie and bought lots of icecream and sweets and sunk into our wonderful couch for the night.
Yesterday, I walked home from school and nearly had a heart attack when I looked up to the hills and could see SNOW hovering over our little city! That night the Reel Rock film tour came around to WWU. Of course my climbing friends and I were present. Carter even won an American Alpine Institute certificate worth $790 for mountaineering classes! At midnight I went to the Harry Potter 7 part one premiere with some friends.
In my future: Port Townsend, WA
No comments:
Post a Comment