Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Conical Story

So the beginning of last week was RIDICULOUSLY stressful and crazy. I had online chem homework due, a chem midterm, calculus midterm, an ecology essay, and ecology reading and response due all within a day and a half. All I did the weekend before that was take notes, study, do homework, study, sleep, cough (because I was getting sick), and study some more. At the time I didn't think that there would be any way I could finish it all...but I have survived. To celebrate being done with my first round of midterms, I went down to Clayton Beach in the Chuckanuts on Thursday to climb, play, run around barefoot, and relax. It felt SO wonderful to get out of my room and just let my brain rest.




The next day I was pretty much brain dead so after lacrosse practice I just went to bed early. On Saturday morning my roommate and I got up earlyish and headed to the rec center for the second annual Veni Vidi Ascendi climbing competition. This was the second comp this year for the colleges in our region. Climbers from UW, U of O, Eastern, Central, Oregon State, and U of Idaho all travelled here to compete against each other. All and all it was a really fun experience!






That night I went to bed decently early as well, just trying to catch up on some sleep. The next morning Hashi, Hannah, Thatcher, and I headed up to Baker to get in some snow action. It was also the day of the Mt. Baker Banked Slalom finals, so we watched some of that. Most of the day was us fooling around in the snow, eating good foods, throwing snowballs, and riding through the woods. I'd never actually snowboarded with Thatcher before so it was a lot of fun. It’s nice having another activity to do together. Plus! it’s not like he had to teach me how to snowboard like you see a lot of boyfriends on the mountain trying to do... The day was a great destresser and reminded me that I actually have a life and that I don't just have my head in a chemistry book all the time. Good weather, good friends, good music, and so much laughing!




This is a story about how boy met cone:

Boy is lonely in the world.

Boy finds cone.

Boy inspects cone.

Boy makes friend.

Boy is happy.

Cone betrays boy.

Boy dips out.

Boy rides away, leaving the cone.

After school on Monday I went to the gym to go climb as usual but my elbow started hurting pretty bad so I had to take it easy. The next day it hurt at lacrosse practice and the day after if hurt taking notes in class. I went to the sports medicine doctor and it turns out I have tricep tendonitis....which I had expected. So now I can't really do anything for like two weeks to a month. I've had tendonitis before in my Achilles and I kept running on it and made it way worse; to the point where I could hardly walk. I'm trying to learn from my mistakes and nip this one in the bud and try not to over work it...but that’s hard to do in the beginning of lacrosse season. But hey, now I'll have more time to watch the Olympics that are happening just barely north of me! WOOO



I hope you all have a good three day weekend. As for me, I'll be hanging out with friends, doing school work, watching the winter games and hopefully going on some sort of adventure. There will be an update soon on my dog Georgia who is going into eye surgery on Thursday. I'm gonna go home and spend some time with her next weekend. Keep your eyes on Vancouver!

No comments: