Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Break and 2nd degree burns

So the weekend before finals too much good powder fell on Baker to ignore it. So some cool people and I headed up to the hill that Sunday. The night before they had gotten something like 10 inches of new flakes, and while we were there it snowed another 7. Hence, we got fresh tracks and fantastic highs all day! Here is a photo of H and I on the chair:


Finals week was...finals week. Four exams in four days. But mid-week some friends and I headed up north for some Sonic Burger goodness. We were tired of the advertising for it at home with no actual Sonic in sight. Its pretty good.

After finals I headed home to spend the night out at PLU then to fly out to San Francisco on Saturday! From there we went out to the coast to enjoy some nice Santa Cruz sunshine :) We explored the beach, played in the street, and totally used our chance to be barefoot to full advantage. Good friends, tan lines, hot tubs, and smiles all around!

This was our house with a wicked sun room



The Spring Break group minus Ty



Overall a very good trip. But sadly I got hurt in the middle of the trip. Hot Top Ramen + bare skin = lame ass second degree burn. The situation was taken care of well and I eventually ended up going to the Santa Cruz emergency room. Now I'm back at school nursing my leg back to health. For those of you who helped me deal with it THANK YOU! you know who you are :) and for those of you who want to be updated on my burn status here are links to photos. They're just too nasty to straight up put on here. so here is your warning: They are NASTY pictures, don't look if you're squeamish.

This was the day it happened in Cali (Monday) lookin GOOD
http://www.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=20qgjrq&s=5

This was at the end of the trip (Thursday)
http://www.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=291ibkh&s=5

This was on Saturday (a very very painful day)
http://www.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=295bl3s&s=5

This was yesterday at the doctors all cleaned up
http://www.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2a9ywe0&s=5

more updates to come.

No comments: