So today, A and I headed up to Steven's Pass to meet up with her friend and do some riding. Neither A or I had ever been to Steven's before so it was a good adventure learning the mountain. It had snowed somewhere around 12 inches in the last 24, so that obviously got me hyped! We had a super good beginning of the day.
Then we met up with my girl, B, from school.
She showed us some super lovely powder and before we knew it, it was night time. But hey! Steven's has night rideee!
We found this awesome ridge that led to an AMAZING steeply-sloped downhill powder valley with tree pillows. OHHH BABYY! There were some tracks but still SO many places where we could cut our own descents. So the first time I went down, I fell in the deep stuff and had to dig myself out. Second try - two failed falls. Now I was determinded. I was going to own this powder, I wouldn't be able to sleep if I hadn't succeeded. Third try was a charm. I cut nearly the whole way down in untouched pow, claimed the sparkiling tops of three tree pillows, and rode away clean. It gave me the best high ever. I instantly got butterflies that nearly made me feel sick to the stomache because that descent was so good. These are the days I live for.
No comments:
Post a Comment