Monday, June 22, 2009

HOLY WOOZERS! Introducing: MEGA BLOG!

Alright Spring quarter at WWU proved to be a busy, adventurous, and AWESOME one! Hence, the poor blog has been suffering. But this post is going to be a recap of the most epic (and less epic) things that I've been up to. Adventure Thursdays were invented for the sole purpose of getting out to play at least once a week. Once out of class at 10am some friends and I took the chance to adventure in and around Bham. Also mid-week night time beach fires also became a trend for awhile too. Over all a very fun quarter! From here on out I plan on keeping the blog more up to date since this should be a pretty great summer! Here. we. go (start reading from the bottom of the post, then work your way up).

June

20. Saturday I showed T around town since he'd never really explored our sweet little city we've got going here in the south sound. Showed him the SHS castle, UPS, my house, my second house, and Old Town's waterfront. Playing on some abandoned building ruins turned into a good laugh when T fell in the water. Sadly this was not photographed.

16. Tuesday was a nice Seattle / Bellevue adventure with two requirements: hang out with many-a-friends and get lacrosse goalie gear for S for summer lax). After picking up T, we hit up Breakaway Seattle then took I-90 over to B town. Here we met up with J and R and played with J's new little nugget of a puppy!


From here we continued to Breakaway Bellevue to get more gear then went off to sushi at Sushi Land downtown. Some NOM NOMMING went down to say the least. K joined in at this point. Then we moved the party out to Lake Washington for some dock jumping action. I didn't go in this time but K and T had a good splash! Soon enough J Bryce joined in on our fun.



From there we headed to Safeway and ended up playing in the parking garage for wayy too long. Ending with yummy ice cream and Gossip Girl at J's house made for a great day!


15. Both being bored after work, C and I decided getting a movie and driving around in the Saab convertible was a good idea. Watch "Role Models." Its funny and wicked random!


14. Went JBB's Birthday dinner out at the Cheese Cake Factory with some people I haven't seen in awhile. V rolled up in a Subaru Impreza WRX...the exact car I want. I mean mugged him hard, but then he let me sit in the drivers seat and I felt better. Yummy four cheese pasta and freckled lemonade made me feel even better!

13. Saturday I drove up to Seattle for the first time since being home from school. I picked up T from his lovely house, met his cat and dog, then headed to the waterfront to meet up with J and K for some fish & chips at Ivar's. The square was born! Then we played tourists and walked the waterfront and went to the sculpture park for my first time.




After that we headed to Lake Washington to meet up with K's friend S. Spontaneous swimming (clothes included) and warm tea followed. From here T and I headed to The Ave for some bubble tea, janga, and A Sherrooow!


12. First official day back at home. A was going to be leaving for Lebanon so she hosted a nice little get together at her house before she dipped out. All i can say is B and I ate too much food (but it was very yummy!), lacrosse happened, and some people got jerky with dat stanky leg! Good to be back in the 253!








11. MOVE OUT DAY! Sadly moving out was definitely bitter sweet. I wasn't really ready to leave the playground that we call Bham quite yet. I love Tacoma, but Bellingham is beautiful and so so so much fun in the spring. But life is life, and moving on is just another step. Luckily though, A came up with my parents to help me move out! While on a break, she and T bonded over drawing on each other with Sharpies :) I love my friends!


Finals week in one photo:


6. What a good day. Kayaking on Lake Whatcom with some of the lax girls, swimming (even though it was cold out), free Taco Del Mar, and a good night of dancing down at the Innate boardshop downtown! Face paint, art, friends, and sweaty people = a great night to end a good day!
Kevin after "I want paint on my face"

4. The last of our Thursday Adventure Days. Luckily we went out in style with home made pizza, jello jigglers, Pink Berry and discovering a new lake. Toad lake just north of Lake Whatcom.

MAY

30-31. Who says Canada isn't AWESOME! For Schu's birthday we headed up to Vancouver BC for some octopus viewing and clubbing. At the Vancouver Aquarium we saw lots of cool creatures and took this great photo. Then we headed to and Irish Pub for a late lunch, then hit the clubs for a taste of Vancouver's night life. In bed by 3:30-ish am we slept hard until amazing crepes in the morning and heading back to the states.

28. Jumped Whatcom Falls and then headed to Lake Whatcom for some nice swimming, playing, and hanging out. Unfortunately I hurt bruised my tail bone pretty bad jumping off of the cliff. Its just now finally letting me sit on it for long periods of time...good thing i didn't break it like my mom did once.



22-25. SASQUATCH music festival! V drove up to Bham to pick up D and I then we headed out to the gorge. It was wicked hot all weekend but we listened to some really good music. Some favorites included Bon Iver, Passion Pit, Owl City, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Decemberists, Animal Collective, The Avett Brothers, Of Montreal, M83, Kings of Leon, Silversun Pickups, Fleet Foxes, Santigold, Explosions in the Sky, and Girl Talk. Crystal Castles was SUPER awesome in the dance tent on the first night. I got to dance with some fantastic people! In the end we drove home at like 3am and I returned to Bellingham as the sun was rising.




17. To end the snow season off right H, T, and I headed up to Mt. Baker for one last good day of it. Every year some cool people put together what they call Grandma's Sesh Up. This includes one extra large kicker, lots of steezy ski and board bums, 2 kegs, a sound system brought in on sleds and ran on a generator, BBQs, dogs, and a raffle for a new snowboard. All of which has to be hiked in. We got some wicked nice weather for this laid back day on the hill. I had a really good time taking photos, finding places to pee in the trees, playing with our new dog friend, and hanging out with friends. A very very good day. Can't wait until next year. Needless to say, even though i was wearing sunscreen, I got a pretty epic goggle tan on my face haha



16. Relay for Life at WWU. So fun! Lots of friends, frisbee, lacrosse, walking, drinking weird free beverages, dancing, and lap tag. If you haven't played lap tag before, you're missing out. Endfair was also going down right in front of my dorm and so some of us took a break from relay to go get free cotton candy and listen to Common Market lay it out. By about 5 am I decided my actual bed was in order since I had to get up early to drive to the mountain. Being sleep drunk and driving windy roads is not okay.








15. After class some friends and I (when I say some friends, I mean like 14 lax girls) headed out to the bay to skimboard. My friends Tony and Isaac (http://www.tonyandisaacshareabunkbed.blogspot.com/) have set up what they call Friendly Fridays so that people could come out and learn how to skimboard or just kick it. Sadly though the beach entrance has since been closed. Anyway, it ended up being the biggest friendly friday yet! I had a good time getting my feet back in the sand helping teach my friends how to skim. They got a good taste of what my life was two summers ago. There was even a reporter from our school paper who interviewed me and took photos of the event. From here many of us headed to the Bellingham/WWU Nice Pop! Dashboards movie premiere on campus! Later that night some great star gazing went down on my brothers roof with L and H.

14. Adventure Thursday consisted of hiking to Cedar Lake up in the Chuckanuts. It was T's first hike with us. Good times. We had a good time trying to make some awkward family portraits. http://www.awkwardfamilyphotos.com/ haha and we almost saw some old guy fall in the lake after trying to wave back to us!




9. A, S, H, and I went out to Birch Bay to help with a clam research project but we couldn't find the people we were supposed to be meeting so we just had an adventure instead. We found lots of cool creatures and enjoyed a day out on the barnicley beach. Meet Hermi :)

2. For A's birthday I got her tickets to The Shins concert in our Red Square. So we drove up together back from Tacoma and went to that show in the down pour that happened that night. Dear The Shins, welcome to Washington. Love, the rain gods. By the end of the show we were completely wet and ended up running home, stomping in puddles, and standing under the waterfalls that were coming off of the roofs. A very fun night!


1. My friend T and I headed back to Tacoma to set up for the Dashboards world premiere of Nice Pop! The Premiere went well and I really enjoyed to movie and seeing some old friends. After, night ultimate frisbee was in order.




April


30. First official Adventure Thursday! A, S, and I did a nice 10 mile hike to Lost Lake up in the Chuckanuts. We laughed when A dipped her foot in the lake, we laughed harder and nearly peeded our pants (but really) when S fell in the mud. HAHA yes.





24-26. We had Championships for lacrosse down in the Seattle/Bellevue area. After class on friday we drove down there, hung out on the Ave, got bubble tea, went to Buffalo Exchange, then had a great team dinner. Saturday we destroyed Boise State, Sunday we beat Oregon State, but lost to UW getting us 3rd place in the league (OR, WA, ID). On the drive home, our car took Chuckanut Drive and went on a mini adventure. We hiked, climbed, skipped rocks, and I played in the water because I couldn't help it. I loved being so close to the San Jauns! Suddenly it felt like spring!








23. Death Cab for Cutie was in town! I went to go see them play a WWU students only show at the Mt. Baker Theatre. They were good, but seeing them at the gorge with the sun setting behind them was unbeatable.



17-20. On Friday we drove out to Boise, Idaho for our weekend long lacrosse tournament. 9 hours is a long drive, but we made it entertaining and found one of our other cars along the way. We stopped at a pretty view point to play. Saturday we tied Oregon State, lost to University of Oregon in a good fight, and killed Lewis and Clark. Then we had a super well earned dinner at the Spaghetti Factory. Got to hang out with my PLU and UW friends in the hotel and go hot tubing with my team. The next day we laid around in the sun until we had to play Gonzaga. Then we headed out to A's uncle's house and had a really good BBQ and made team shirts in the yard. It was a good night! The next morning my car got up wicked early and hauled back to Bellingham to make it just in time for my 3 o'clock cinema class.




11. My burn was finally healed enough for me to have some fun so knowing Easter was going to be pretty boring, the Saturday before, some lacrosse girls and I finally got our lax ski day put together and headed up to Mt. Baker for the easter egg hunt that they do every year! We found lots of colored eggs and got some small prizes. I accidently went out of bounds and ended up going down a chute and had to climb down then jump off of a ice/rock cliff Bear Grylls style. In the process, I dropped my snowboard and watched it ride off into the woods. I had a feeling I would never see it again since I knew that there was a river down that way. Luckily one, I didn't die. Two i was unbroken. Three I was able to follow my board's tracks in the powder and found it. Four I found a way to hike out and got back to the ski area! On the way home we jammed to good tunes, got pizza and iced tea, and played a great couple of games of zip bong that night with more friends. All in all it was a good day to be alive!








8. I went to go see Rocky Votolato play a show at my school for $5. He was great and I even had an epiphany during one of the songs and thought of a fantastic tattoo idea for my foot!



5. For lacrosse all of the rookies were split into four groups and given missions. One of them included stealing a veteran player. I helped that group come up with an idea of what to do. After much scheming we decided that stealing all of them and making them scrub the harbor was a good idea. We all know that having the job of a harbor scrubber is the lowest of the low so we made them shirts that read "Harbor Scrubber in training" and gave them each a tooth brush and a bar of soap. Then we took them down to Boulevard and made them make that dock shine. It made for a good laugh!



4. LAX-A-POLOOZA! Our very own lacrosse tournament! A women's team from Canada came down and showed us their different style and a Boise team drove all the way over to kick it with us. We had cool shirts, sunshine, and had a good time hanging out with the Boise girls later that night.

2 comments:

Corrrrrrine said...

Girl I just read all of this. I now feel like I've just stalked you for the last three months.

Rachel said...

hahah you basically have just stalked me. haha not! CORRRRRINE!!! i miss youuu